No one wants to vape their favorite flavor and all of a sudden feel that burnt taste in the vapor. It will keep you wondering what has happened, especially if you are new to the vaping world. Therefore, if you are vaping and do not get that sweet flavor you are used to and the only thing you get is a dry hit, the problem might simply be your coil. A coil is part of a vape that is used to heat the vape juice in the tank to produce huge clouds.
It is okay to get a new vape. But how about we teach you how you can simply fix a burnt coil and get it on track? That sounds amazing, and we are sure you cannot wait, right? If so, this article is for you. We are going to provide ample information about this interesting topic. Just continue scrolling down.
How to Fix a Burnt Coil: Causes of Burnt Coil
To understand how to fix burnt coil, you must first have to know how to detect whether the coil is in shape or not. A coil is like any other thing, and this simply means it cannot last forever. There is no definite time for coils to last, but it has been proven that they wear out the more the vape is used. So, what are the main causes of a burnt coil?
- Vaping often – As hinted, a coil may wear out as you continue vaping. The more the user vapes, the more it wears out. You must fix burnt coil sometimes to keep the vape in good shape.
- Little vape juice – If you get any burnt taste while vaping, then this is a good indication that the tank contains little or no e-juice. This causes a strain on the wick simply because some parts are not absorbing the e-juice too well.
- Low-quality wick – For those who are new to the vaping world and might not understand what a wick is, then it is simply cotton or a cloth component that is used to absorb vape juice and bring it closer to the coil. If it is not of good quality, then it won’t work properly. Before you know it, you will start to get that annoying vape burning taste.
Steps to Fix Burnt Coil
If you are not planning on getting a new coil and you simply want to fix the current one, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Soak the coil – The first and most important step on how to fix a burnt coil is removing it from the e-cigarette and soaking it in a bowl of hot water to loosen the residue.
- Cleanse it – This second step only applies when the residue is not fully soaked. You can just add a small amount of lemon juice or even vinegar to the bowl of hot water to get rid of any residues. If any traces of lemon or vinegar interfere with how your vape tastes, then you can soak the coil for the second time in a bowl of pure hot water.
- Air dry and prime the coil – This is an easy step as you are only required to remove the coil from the water bowl and air dry it. Afterwards, you can prime the coil by soaking it with a little e-juice. This prevents it from burning.
- Replace – The last step is putting the coil back into the e-cigarette and starting vaping again as normal.
A burnt taste vape is one of the most annoying things anyone could experience. Luckily for you, you have every step you can follow to fix burnt coil and give it extra life if you do not want to immediately replace it. Fix your coil and boost your vaping experience today.