Farmshed’s Frozen Assets Shares Now Available
For the City Times
CUSTER — Wondering how you can savor the tastes of summer throughout the winter? Welcome to Frozen Assets, Farmshed’s frozen veggie program. We will freeze and package vegetables picked during the peak of ripeness and then distribute them to you all winter long!
How the program works:
- Farmshed places orders in the spring with Certified Organic CSA partner farms from the Farm Fresh Atlas.
- Cattail Organics (Athens)
- Red Door Family Farm (Athens)
- Rising Sand Organics (Custer)
- Whitefeather Organics (Custer)
- Farmshed staff and a huge team of enthusiastic volunteers process the vegetables as they reach peak ripeness into one pound bags.
- Full and half shares will be offered to community members, mimicking a Community Supported Agriculture model.
- Shareholders will receive their vegetables to enjoy November through March.
Vegetables included in every share: broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, corn, green beans, peppers, potatoes, summer squash, tomatoes, and winter squash.
Why Frozen Assets:
- Frozen Assets vegetables are already prepped and ready to use.
- We only use top quality produce from certified organic CSA farms.
- Your purchase will support local farms and Farmshed programming.
- We utilize renewable solar energy to assist our food processing and storage.
Want to try these local, organic veggies before purchasing a share? Check out the selection at The Market on Strongs in downtown Stevens Point, or Family Natural Foods in Wisconsin Rapids.
Visit our website, farmshed.org/frozen-assets for details, to register, and to get involved with vegetable processing in our community kitchen!